Hello rich,

Tuesday, August 8, 2006, 2:14:46 AM, you wrote:

rg> Hello Bat-Folk!

rg> On the RitLabs site downloads page there are 3 anti spam downloads
rg> available.

rg> Bayes Filter Plugin by Achim Winkler
rg> BayesIt! by Alexey Vinogradov
rg> Agava Antispamservant Plugin

rg> Anyone care to comment on these?

I have used BayesIt in the past.  It worked (mostly) OK.  I had no
problems with it, but it was not the most effective filter around (at
least the last time I used it <g>).  On the plus side, I =never= had a
false positive with it, but it only caught about 75 to 80% of the
spam.

I am using Agava now and it is much easier to get it to the point
where it was filtering relatively well.  It does a better overall job
of catching spam, about 90+%, but I =do= get the occasional false
positive.  That is 'worrisome' since it makes it more likely that I
will miss something ... nor can I just ignore the spam folder.

I have not tried Bayes Filter.

There are days I think about going back to BayesIt again to see if it
has gotten any better.  But I am mostly lazy and have not gotten
around to it <g>

 MikeD                            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Using The Bat! v3.81.13 Beta on Windows XP 5.1 Build  2600
Service Pack 2