On Wed, 22 Nov 2006 at 22:03:12 +1100, Tom wrote:
> I would like to use different types of signatures depending on who I
> communicate with. I am not using the function via the account (with
> the exception of this one) as for me this would not be suitable.
> Recipients are different and will require individual greetings.
>
> Currently I use a template for this purpose and quickly
> insert the signature that is appropriate.
> I do think though that there is probably a more elegant way available
> with TB?  Is it possible to "link" a signature to a recipient in the
> addressbook? So each time I send an email to Joe Bloke my signature
> will automatically be A and if it is going to Jane Doe my signature
> will be B? If this can be done (by macro?), I would appreciate any
> assistance especially if it is geared to Non-Macro Experts.

The approach I use is to store this information in the memo field in
the address book.

I store signature, closing text, nickname and other information in the
memo field. So an entry for David Smith might look like this:

<aka>Dave</aka>
<closing>Best Regards</closing>
<sig>work</sig>

Then I have a quick template to extract that information:
===================[ Start Get_Memo_Attribute ]=======================
%Rem='

Usage:
   <attribute value>=%QInclude(Get_Memo_Attribute,"Tag","Default_Value")

'%-
%If:'%SetPattRegExp="(?im)^<%_1"%RegExpMatch="%ABToMemo"'='':'%_2'%-
:'%If:+%SetPattRegExp="(?im)^(<%_1/>)"%RegExpMatch="%ABToMemo"+<>++:++%-
:+%SetPattRegExp="(?im)^(?:<%_1>)(.*?)(?:</%_1>)"%RegExpMatch="%ABToMemo"+'%-

====================[ End Get_Memo_Attribute ]========================

This looks in the address book entry for the individual for a
particular tag (e.g. "sig" or "aka") and returns the text for that
attribute if it exists, or the default value if it doesn't. So if you
are using it for a signature name (and in the example of Dave Smith
above, I would have a quick template called "worksig") you only have
to put in a signature name when it is different from your standard
one.

If you want more information, I can provide you with the QTs I have
that use this.

--
Robin

Using The Bat! v3.85.03
      Windows XP 5.1 Build 2600 Service Pack 2
      Popfile v0.22.4