On Thu, 23 Nov 2006 at 19:53:04 +1100, Tom wrote:
>> The approach I use is to store this information in the memo field in
>> the address book.
>
> Sorry but exactly is this memo field?

The tab labelled "Other" in the address book entry

> Similar to my follow up to Roelof, this is way beyond me. I don't
> understand if this is something that I need to set up once and then
> can retrieve easily with a few keystrokes or if I actually have to
> remember these codes every time I needed to write an email?

It's something you set up once.

My new message template includes a line that says:
%Qinclude="setsig"%-

Setsig is a quick template that looks at the list of recipients and
determines an appropriate signature for the email. If there is only
one recipient, it goes to the memo field (the "other" field) and looks
for a line in there that looks like:

<sig>something</sig>

If it finds that is uses a quick template called SomethingSig as the
signature.

If it doesn't find such a line is uses a quick template called
DefaultSig as the signature.

So you set it up once, and then it automatically finds the required
signature file. You don't need any keystrokes to retrieve it.

The clever thing about my Setsig quick template is that it also deals
with choosing the right signature file if I have multiple recipients.
The way I want it to work is if the majority of the recipients of an
email should have a particular signature file (for instance, they are
all part of a project I am working on that has a particular signature
file) then that signature file is used. Otherwise the default
signature file is used.

--
Robin

Using The Bat! v3.85.03
      Windows XP 5.1 Build 2600 Service Pack 2
      Popfile v0.22.4