Richard,

Friday, April 27, 2007, 10:15:10 AM, you wrote:
RW> Hello Michael,

RW> On Fri, 27 Apr 2007 you wrote in
RW> <mid:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

MR>> Any other suggestions on filtering read messages would be appreciated.

RW> Why don't you just filter them to their respective folders as soon as
RW> they arrive in your inbox and then read them in situ in the folders. It
RW> seems (unless I've completely misunderstood) that you filter all your
RW> messages to various folders *after* reading anyway?

Good suggestion. For all my newsletters, newsgroups, etc, I'm already
filtering them into other folders. When I finish reading those messages, I
just delete the message. I'm looking for a way to manage the important
mail.

I want to be able to read and process the messages that appear in my Inbox.
Once I'm done with the message, I usually file it for future reference. My
goal in filtering *read* messages is to automate the filing process.

--
Michael Rudnick
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Using The Bat! 3.99.1 on Windows 5.1 (2600) Service Pack 2