T> I'm looking into some anti-spam solutions MailWasher Pro looks like
T> something useful but has one major flaw. If it can't be 'fixed' I
T> wouldn't even want it for free... :P The problem is that I doesn't
T> work as a proxy. I have to switch of auto mail checking in The Bat
T> and let MailWasher do the checking. When done checking it can
T> launch The Bat! If the Bat isn't loaded it successfully starts and
T> does its 'check mail at startup' but The Bat! is always loaded on
T> my PC. If The Bat is already open nothing seems to happen. However
T> the solution might be I can add a command line option. Is there a
T> command line option that forces a mail check? Something like:
T> thebat.exe -CheckMailNow

T> Besides of the above I would really appreciate some idea's for a good anti
spam solution.
T> I prefer proxy type of setups.
T> I spend a lot of time with Baysian type of filtering but that
T> didn't work out very well with the picture spam.
T> I do prefer using those online anti-spam databases

For online services, SpamPal works well with The Bat!, although the
application itself hasn't been updated for more than a year.  I expect
the databases it refers to are updated regularly.  The only reason I
switched away from it was that access to the databases seemed to be
slowing.

You said you don't like the Baysian filters and I was of that same
opinion for a long time.  However, I started using the AntispamSniper
plug-in for the The Bat! five or six months ago and have been very
pleased.  It is fast, easy to train and very reliable.  It has been
98.6% accurate for the last four months, with only 0.2% false
positives.  If it wasn't for those darn spammers sending blank
messages with .pdf spam attachments lately, I expect it would be well
over 99% accurate.

--
Code 2  :canadaflag:  mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
The Bat! version 2.12.00 on Windows XP Service Pack 2