Hello Carsten,

On Sat, 26 Jan 2008 16:58:25 +0100 GMT (26/01/2008, 22:58 +0700 GMT),
Carsten Guthardt-Schulz wrote:

>> In the folder properties add a macro for "New Message" containing
>> %ACCOUNT="accountname"

CGS> I can't: These folders do not have Templates. In the "Edit
CGS> Folder Properties" window I only have the two sections
CGS> "General" and "Filter".

True, common folders don't have tempaltes.

CGS> This is really a big problem, since I mostly read my messages in
CGS> Virtual Folders, and whenever I create a new message now, it's
CGS> default account is the wrong one, and I have to change it
CGS> manually on each email.

I don't think think the problem is the virtual folder but that the
message is located in a common folder.

This is what I have done: XRay adds a header X-Apparently-To to each
incoming message, showing the account on which it was originally
received. When replying, the reply template uses it and extracts the
account name, and with the %Account= macro and a regex the correct
account is used for sending.

I think you are a new member of this list; I posted the template here
only recently. If you think this would work for you, I'll see whether
I still have the message on my computer.

--

Cheers,
Thomas.

Honk if you never seen an Uzi fired from a car window

Message reply created with The Bat! 4.0.0.6 (ALPHA)