T>> I never used the ..tbk file to restore and I am just curious what the
T>> difference is between backing up via ...tbk file or via saving the
T>> mail directory? Any advantages or disadvantage of one over the other?

> Disadvantage is that you can only restore to the same path

Right now my TB installation is the default one with the mail
directory under application data on the default drive.  So assuming I
had to do a reinstall and chose the default set up, TBK import should
work fine. On the other hand, you say that if i were to put my mail
directory on a separate drive when doing a new installation, an import
via tbk would fail?

--
Tom
using TheBat! 3.99.29 on XP