Hello Susanne,

On Thursday, July 17, 2008, 12:37:51 AM, you wrote:
>> I haven't encountered a virus problem with
>> gmail yet, but you might
>> try AVG (there's a free version available).
>
> I've already tried it.
> Apparently it has to do with gmail coming in on a
> different port than pop mail normally does.

Some virus software do not support secure connections
I'm using Avast which have a plug-in for TB.

It will scan all your mail.

--

Cheers,
 Edgar

Communicating with TB! v4.0.24, Windows XP 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3

If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not
bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and a man.