Hello Roelof,

On Sunday, August 31, 2008, Roelof Otten wrote and made these points
on the subject of "Speaking of signatures":

RO> As Thomas wrote you, cookies are seen as text, compare %cookie with
RO> the %put macro.

 Indeed Thomas pointed this limitation of the cookie macro to me in an
 earlier message

RO> However I see two options that might work for you:
RO> 1 Set every cookie in a separate file, list those files in your
RO>   cookie.txt and call your cookie like this:
RO>   %QInclude="%Cookie='%cookie'txt'"

 I tried this method, but somehow I could not get it to work.

RO> 2 Set all your cookies in a single file
RO>   Use the %Run macro from the mymacros plugin to call an external
RO>   randomiser like kookiejar that Gary mentioned in
RO>   <mid:[EMAIL PROTECTED]> to store a signature in a
RO>   file called cookie.tpl
RO>   And call that cookie.tpl as a template with %Qinclude
RO> As I wrote those options 'might' work, I didn't try them, but I think
RO> they'd both do the job.

 I prefer not to use a third party application for this task.

RO>   Of course you need to take care of the proper paths in your macros,
RO>   but this is guaranteed to work as you want. No third party programs,
RO>   no big amount of separate cookie files or whatever.

 I opt for method 3. As you said, it is bound to work. Thanks a lot
 for your expert help.

 Assad

Using The Bat! 4.0.28.4