Hello Gene,

On Mon, 18 May 2009 19:06:59 -0400 GMT (19/May/09, 6:06 +0700 GMT),
Gene Brown wrote:

GB> I know that the current convention is to use only a single space,
GB> but I learned my typing composition in ancient times when manual
GB> typewriters roamed the earth and this is how I learned to do it.

I feel with you. But then, nostalgia isn't what it used to be either,
is it.

GB> And it's not just habit--I like the aesthetics of it. A single
GB> space after a comma is fine, but the flow of reading and
GB> appearance would really appreciate a double space after a period.

GB> Any thoughts?

Matter of taste. I don't know about any law that requires you to be
arrested either way.

GB> (By the way, this message has been edited to include a double space
GB> after the periods.  Has anyone even noticed?)

I have. This is what used to be done in old English books. I would
even have to look whether it's still done nowadays. Looks kind of
funny to me in a fixed font, but YMMV.

--

Cheers,
Thomas.