Hello Thomas,

This is what you said on Sun, 28 Jun 2009 23:38:28 +0700 your time:

> Any new folder will be under (inside) the Inbox. when I realise that
> the traffic is significant, it will be moved outside. Folders that are
> outside might be moved inside if the traffic is little.

That's different...well, to me I mean.

> Reason is that high traffic folders are reacheed easier when they are
> shown outside.

I have foolders named 'Inbox - news', 'Inbox - voicemail', 'Inbox - fax' and
'Inbox - sms' directly under the account Inbox. Under them I have a folder
called Lists, and inside them dedicated folders for lists. All my other
folders are grouped and nested below them in the account tree. So yes, I get
that, as I have moved all the busier folders just below the Inbox.

> However, too many folders shown outside makes the account tree view too
> long, and a lot of scrolling is involved, so low-traffic folders are
> better located under the Inbox.

Yeah, that's the problem with the folder metaphor though. I can't stop
creating related folders and new categories. I'm always pruning and merging
groups so that the scrolling and navigation is less cumbersome. ;-)

> I use Incoming filters (and Outgoing filters, should be combined...)
> rather than Read filters. I have a feeling your paradigm favours Read
> filters.

>From what I posted I can see why you came to that conclusion. It does rather
indicate that I use read filters. However, I don't really, preferring to use
incoming and outgoing filtering and manually sorting / deleting other stuff
that is left.

--
Simon (Privateofcourse)
#24383. Rig Owe New Hods? ¶