On Fri, 21 May 2010 at 20:14:42 -0700,Tim wrote:
>   Just curious but how do you all deal with Spam? Do you have a
>   favorite spam filter that you use with TB. I haven't been able to
>   find anything that has worked that well with TB to control Spam.
>   Thanks in advance for your input!!!

I use a combination of Popfile and the free version of AntispamSniper for TB.

I use Popfile to categorise into a total of 8 different work and personal
categories as well as spam. There have been 3,000 messages classified as spam,
and in that time there have been 34 false positives (classified as spam when
they are not) and 154 false negatives (classified as not spam when they are).

AntispamSniper has classified 5860 messages as spam since Feb 2006 with 116
false positives and, in that time, missed 961 (i.e. false negatives).

So Popfile is significantly more accurate, even when it has to choose between 9
different categories for the messages. 7.7% of messages end up categorised as
spam, which is the 4th largest classification.

--
Robin

Using The Bat! v4.2.36.4
      Windows Vista 6.0 Build 6002 Service Pack 2
      Popfile v1.1.1