Hi

On Saturday 22 May 2010 at 4:14:42 AM, in
<mid:1812825999.20100521201...@cox.net>, Tim Hamm wrote:

> Hello TBUL,

>   Just curious but how do you all deal with Spam? Do
>   you have a favorite spam filter that you use with TB.
>   I haven't been able to find anything that has worked
>   that well with TB to control Spam. Thanks in advance
>   for your input!!!

I find that being careful when giving out my email address and using
different addresses for different purposes keeps it to a minimum. For
example, the address I use for newsgroups and mailing lists is a yahoo
address that I change every year; in six years I have only once needed
to ditch the address after a shorter time due to spam, four years ago.
Websites that require registration with an email address get
disposable or spamgourmet addresses. Companies I deal with by email
get either a spamgourmet address or an address of the form
companyn...@mydomain.

Out of 200-300 emails most days, usually spam messages are in single
figures.

Every couple of years or so, I suddenly start getting lots of spam
messages, but this has always stopped just as suddenly after about
1500 messages spread over 7-10 days. It's so infrequent and
short-lived that it doesn't become a problem; if it became a problem,
turning off the catch-all email forwarding on my two domain names
would stop it.

--
Best regards

MFPA                    mailto:expires2...@ymail.com

The second mouse gets the cheese

Using The Bat! v4.0.38 on Windows XP 5.1 Build 2600