Since there was a request to restate viewpoints on the list even for those
of us vocal at the meeting, my current preference is for moving forward
with both, with an aim toward convergence if possible.

I think both provide a reasonable starting point, with the trade-offs
between the two being difficult to assess on an apples-to-apples basis
(simplicity versus re-use, to boil it down).  Given the lack of consensus
for either, I would prefer starting with both than continuing to block on
this decision.  Should consensus emerge to continue with either one, I will
support that consensus.

regards,

Ted