sky...@cs.earlham.edu writes:

> OSHA and likely your state's labor department regulate the maximum noise
> level a worker can be exposed to without protection. You ought to be able
> to get your employer to provide you either ear plugs or something more
> permanent.

I've got earplugs and I offer 'em to everyone but nobody uses them.
Not that I blame them, I don't use them myself, and I probably do 90% of
the colo monkey work by myself.

The other day at the hardware store I noticed noise dampening headphones;
they looked like the enclosed ear protectors and claimed 27Dbi protection,
but they had a line in where you could plug in your MP3 player.  I should
give something like that a go.