Look for providers supporting libcloud. And cloudkick is some real integration
hotness for VPSes. Your employer may go for it.

Another vote for Linode. $work doesn't use them, but I do for non-work matters.
Multi-US datacenters plus a UK location. Dashboard plus console for Xen
containers is top notch. Kickstarting into the containers is braindead easy for
pressable machines that smell like you/work/etc.

Sent from my iPhone