Any wisdom comparing BitLocker versus TrueCrypt?

From: tech-boun...@lopsa.org [mailto:tech-boun...@lopsa.org] On Behalf Of
Edward Ned Harvey
Sent: Saturday, August 21, 2010 1:08 PM
To: 'LOPSA Technical Discussions'
Subject: [lopsa-tech] whole disk encryption

Presently, I have Mac and Windows laptop users.  The mac users use encrypted
sparsebundles, and the windows users use TrueCrypt for encryption.  There
are a lot of reasons whole disk encryption would be desirable - mostly in
terms of backups.

There are a lot of whole disk encryption solutions out there.  I can simply
stab into the dark and start trying them ... But I thought perhaps I could
benefit from experiences that have been had already...

Anybody care to offer their experiences?