> From: Brad Knowles [mailto:b...@shub-internet.org]
>
> Facetime is the new standard, and I think it's actually pretty close to
> where these things will be.  You will see Facetime integration into
> iChat, and I'm sure that there will be other implementations as well.

Am I wrong in believing facetime is apple-only?

If it's apple-only, you can only call it "the new standard" like google wave
was the new standard to replace email.  It bombed because they weren't
friendly with non-google email accounts.  In order to use wave, you could
only sign in using your gmail account, and you could only communicate with
other gmail users.  Wanna talk to someone who isn't on gmail?  Too bad.