On Mon, Sep 27, 2010 at 11:43 AM, Brad Knowles <b...@shub-internet.org> wrote:
> Here's a question for you -- can you split these processes?  I.e., read data
> from the FPGA and write it to local disk on the workstation, then have a
> separate process read the data from the workstation and write that to the NFS
> fileserver?  Heck, you could even turn the workstation into its own NFS
> fileserver where the data is *READ* across the network by the central
> fileserver, and then written to wherever it needs to go.

The problem is space on the desktop and that the data needs to be
centrally accessible in real time. And that they didn't have $100k for
a NAS.

> you just happen to have chosen a particular mix of software that is
> particularly poorly suited to this application.

It would seem so, yes.

> the particular age of the base OS you have installed,

RHEL is terribly old, but I am using 5.5 at the very least.
I may be able to use RHEL6 on the data server; supposedly that's
coming out next month.