Regarding the "less architecture support to save electricity"
argument, I'm not sure one follows the other. Computing power has
grown to a point that emulators are perfectly valid - particularly for
older systems.

I think a push to package and maintain emulators for many of these
older architectures would be beneficial in many ways. There's some
amount of this already - there are instructions for the simh simulator
for the VAX arch for instance. The obvious benefits I couldd see would
be:

1) You could spin up builds on them w/ little to no effect on electricity usage.
2) Even if the OpenBSD foundation's arch X machine dies, there would
still be infrastructure to maintain the port.
3) It would widen the possible number of developers if people could
spin up older architectures in an emulator.
4) It would make OpenBSD a valuable tool for accessing older media and
documenting older architectures.

I know emulators are not perfect, so a physical machine would be
superior.  But if there was some encouragement for emulators for archs
I think those would be useful benefits.

Support for multiple archs brings interest and exposes bad code in
ways limited arch support does not. Dropping that to save electricity
is not a valid reason with today's compute power.

Anyway, it's been a long time since I did stuff with OpenBSD, but I
think it would be a shame to drop such support. So I'll back up my
words with some cash.  And if I get a roundtuit, perhaps some code or
docs as well.

Kevin

--
Kevin Lyda