On 01/17/2014 06:08 PM, Kevin Lyda wrote:
Regarding the "less architecture support to save electricity"
argument, I'm not sure one follows the other. Computing power has
grown to a point that emulators are perfectly valid - particularly for
older systems.

You still seem like you do not understand the issue and why they need to use
hardware in the first place.
so follow my hands, and read my lips, I will explain it slow, and sorry, Teo,
what I will say, will seem like I repeat you.

Support for different archs, even not mainstream ones help developers to provide more bug free code
on i386, amd64, and some other "mainstream", just because some code errors are better
visible on those "non mainstream" architectures.

The virtualization is absolutely not an option here, because those let's call them
"debug" architectures should run in hardware, to be further able to check the
code.

So, having OpenBSD running on as much archs as it is possible help developers
to provide US, the users with much cleaner and much bug free code.

--
With best regards,
     Gregory Edigarov