* Alexander Bluhm <alexander.bl...@gmx.net> [2014-05-15 00:15]:
> On Wed, May 14, 2014 at 11:29:20PM +0200, Henning Brauer wrote:
> > so as discussed recently having the inet6 link-local addrs on every
> > interface by default is stupid and a security risk.
> Connecting a computer to the internet is a security risk.
> IPv4 is on by default, and so IPv6 should be on by default.
> I want both to be handled the same way.

WITH my diff they finally become the same, IPv4 does NOT assign some
special address to the interface by default.

The analogy really breaks here since v4 just doesn't have link local.

> > the only use case that needs config adoption: people ONLY using
> > link-local, they will need to put +inet6 in the corresponding
> > hostname.if file.
> There is a use case for running IPv6 over an interface without
> setting an address.  Configure a global IPv6 address on lo0, run
> ospf6d on any physical interface and it will provide connection.
> IPv6 autoconfiguration with link-local addresses is useful.

so you put +inet6 in the corresponding hostname.if file and everything
works like you want it to.

--
Henning Brauer, h...@bsws.de, henn...@openbsd.org
BS Web Services GmbH, http://bsws.de, Full-Service ISP