On Fri, May 16, 2014 at 12:43:52AM -0500, Todd T. Fries wrote:
> Penned by Henning Brauer on 20140516  0:26.37, we have:
> | * Claudio Jeker <cje...@diehard.n-r-g.com> [2014-05-15 09:33]:

> | > To be honest the right fix would be to get rid of IFXF_NOINET6 and
> | > just make it the default. There is no need for such a flag anymore.
> |
> | very valid point, I'll happily clean that up right after - one thing
> | at a time.
>
> When I travel between networks.. at home with rtsol capable networks ..
> and at e.g. a library that does not have native IPv6 .. I find it invaluable
> to 'zzz' then upon resume 'ifconfig wpi0 -inet6' for the library and then
> 'rtsol wpi0' at home.
>
> Just because the new default will be the equivalent of 'ifconfig wpi0 -inet6'
> until configured doesn't mean there isn't a use for clearing it later on as
> well.
>
> I wish there were an equivalent for IPv4, but at least dhclient clears the old
> address on 'ifconfig wpi0 down' ...

I did not talk about -inet6 but about the kernel IFXF_NOINET6 flag.
It is not needed to use a flag on the interface for this. Instead we
handle it all when creating / removing IPv6 addresses on the interface.

In the long run I would like to have a -inet as well so that you can
remove all IPv4 addresses of an interface in a easy way.

--
:wq Claudio