On 09:22:18, 18.03.16, Chris Cappuccio wrote:
> These are really rough observations. This box spawns lots of dirty
> perl processes and also lots of fping processes for monitoring.

The next step I had planned was related to juggling processes between
cpus. Right now that code is untouched, other than removing a line
related to priority. One idea is to compare the deadline of the last
element on every queue, and balance based on that. Maybe this will
improve this use case?

The original diff contains commented out code (grep for
CPU_INFO_ITERATOR) that prints out the queues every second. When running
tests with it I sometimes observe one cpu is 0.5-1 second behind another,
so I think this is a good next step for this scheduler.

BFS has one shared queue for all CPUs, maybe there is a very good reason
for that, we'll see.

I'd like to thank everyone for all the feedback.

--
Michal Mazurek