On Wed, 11 Sep 2002 20:29:09 -0700
Aaron Bannert <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

[...]
> I'm fine with bundling it
> for now, but as soon as apr and apr-util can be installed on their
> own we stop bundling it.

So for now let us have /usr/local/flood as default prefix, but we will
change that to /usr/local as soon as we get rid of APR/APR-util. Makes
sense?

> To me having bundled apr and apr-util just
> makes everything way more complicated.

Yes, but we depend on rapidly changing libraries and this is a must.

OTOH, if APR guys would make an unstable APR/APR-util release (like
ap{r,u}-0.4.28.tar.gz), we could remove intree libs and put such
tarballs into build dependency list. Well... we could get rid of intree
libs right now and require people to do something like: cvs co -D "24
Sep 2002 20:32" {apr,apr-util}, but that's ugly :)

regards,
--
Jacek Prucia
7bulls.com S.A.