Randy Kobes wrote:
On Fri, 9 May 2003, Stas Bekman wrote:

[ .. ]

Yes, that shouldn't be a problem.

So currently we are down to two options:

1) Integrate test.pm in Test.pm. I think we should bundle
Apache::Test with future versions of mod_perl to make the
maintenance simple and remove the original Apache::test from
it.

2) Rename Apache::Test to Apache::Tester (or else) to resolve
the collision. Rename the distro Apache-Test to
Apache-TestHarness (or else) to avoid confusion.

Looks like if we can provide a clean implementation of (1)
that's would be the best solution. Randy says that it shouldn't
be a problem with winFU. If David says that it's cool with
MacOSX, let's try to take this route then.

I'd tend to agree with (1) ... Would that mean that mod_perl 1
(and any 3rd party mod_perl 1 packages that use it) would have to
change a 'use Apache::test' to 'use Apache::Test'?

We don't want that to happen.

Or would
Apache/test.pm become an identical copy of Apache/Test.pm, with
both being installed?

I was thinking to distribute both files as identical copies (both including packages Apache::Test and Apache::test). And on the case-insensitive systems, only one will get actually installed.