--- Begin Message ---
[ This message is resent on behalf of Philippe M. Chiasson
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>.  -- justin ]

On Tue, 2003-05-13 at 07:36, Stas Bekman wrote:
> Geoffrey Young wrote:
> >
> >> I actually like Apache::TestPlan, it's most of the functionality that
> >> this module provides. but there are a few subs that are not. May be
> >> this other functionality should move elsewhere.
> >

> > given that almost all of the functions from the various Test* packages
> > are exported by default and almost nobody specifies an import list
> > currently with Apache::Test, I wouldn't worry too much about shuffling
> > stuff around later after the immediate problem has been fixed.
>
> This is what I see now as the simplest solution at all fronts:
>
> 1) keep the distro name Apache-Test.
>
> 2) s|Apache/Test.pm|Apache/TestPlan.pm|
>
> 3) contents of Apache/TestPlan.pm:
>
> package Apache::Test;
> $Apache::Test::VERSION =3D '1.02';
> package Apache::TestPlan;
> # what was previously Apache::Test code follows
>
> I decided to nevertheless plug these two lines in:
>
> package Apache::Test;
> $Apache::Test::VERSION =3D '1.02';
>
> so that CPAN will still index Apache::Test, and we can still tell CPAN.pm to
> install Apache::Test, same for dependencies list. Also that's where we
> maintain the distro's version.
>
> Usage-wise, the only change you have to do is this:
>
> perl -pi -e 's|use Apache::Test([\s;])|use Apache::TestPlan$1|' files
>
> Is everybody happy with that solution?

[late on this thread, but nontheless] I also like it

-- ------------------------------------------------------------------------=
-----
Philippe M. Chiasson /gozer\@(cpan|ectoplasm)\.org/ 88C3A5A5 (122FF51B/C634=
E37B)
http://gozer.ectoplasm.org/    F9BF E0C2 480E 7680 1AE5 3631 CB32 A107 88C3=
 A5A5
Q: It is impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenio=
us.
perl -e'$$=3D\${gozer};{$_=3Dunpack(P7,pack(L,$$));/^JAm_pH\n$/&&print||$$+=
+&&redo}'

--=-16Hpeuu7KHwOm+VqGGS3

--=-16Hpeuu7KHwOm+VqGGS3--

--- End Message ---