On Tue, 29 Jul 2003, Stas Bekman wrote:

> Randy Kobes wrote:
> > On Tue, 29 Jul 2003, Stas Bekman wrote:
> >
> >>In the last few weeks the following two issues were raised:
> >>
> >>1) store a default location of httpd/apxs in Apache::Test so one should
> >>provide it only once.
> >>
> >>I'm +1 on this feature. Is anybody interested to implement it?
> >
> > That sounds like a good idea ... Are you thinking of something
> > like Apache::MyConfig.pm of mod_perl 1, or libnet.cfg of libnet -
> > a file which gets created the first time the user installs the
> > package, and then gets used on subsequent locations, with perhaps
> > an initial dialogue asking the user if they want to keep the
> > stored settings?
>
> Yes. That's the idea Matt brought up earlier on this list.

I'd be interested in taking a look at this ... But just so
I understand the intent,
- this configuration file would get written at the
'perl Makefile.PL' stage?
- if the user supplies -httpd and/or -apxs values to
'perl Makefile.PL', or suitable environment variables
are set, a dialogue should be invoked, confirming
that the user wants to store these values?
- if no such values nor environment variables are supplied,
guesses are made, and again the user is asked to confirm?
- upon later uses of Apache::Test, these stored values
would be used, unless explicit -httpd or -apxs arguments
to t/TEST are given, or the appropriate environment variables
are set?
- is it only httpd and apxs that get stored, or would it
be useful to have others (eg, the Apache user, group, or port)?

--
best regards,
randy