On Mon, 2005-01-24 at 12:09 -0800, Mike Castle wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 24, 2005 at 02:05:30PM +0100, Jindrich Novy wrote:
> > There were serious issues also with the latest stable texi2html-1.72
> > while compiling quagga. It also hung up in an infinite loop. The lastest
> > texi2html working for me was 1.66 and I was able to reproduce the
> > infinite loop issue also with any higher texi2html release.
>
> Damn.  :-<
>
> Would it be wise to ship texi2html-1.66 then?  Better to ship something old
> that works that new that is known to be broken?

It looks like the texi2html-1.68 and later are unable to handle this
construct for example:

@deffn Command {hostname @var{hostname}} {}
  ...stuff...
@end deffn

It fails at the first line stating:
*** '}' without opening '{' before: ...

Repeating the error message for a long time. The error message isn't
true since all brackets are correctly enclosed.

Thomas, if you like to reproduce it, please download quagga from:
http://quagga.net/download/quagga-0.98.0.tar.gz
and try to compile quagga.texi in the /doc subdirectory.

I agree with Mike it's better to release working 1.66 within teTeX-3.0
instead of buggy latest "stable" release.

Thanks,
Jindrich

--
Jindrich Novy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, http://people.redhat.com/jnovy/