Hi all,

More below...

On Thu, 2 Nov 2000, Derek B. Noonburg wrote:

> On  3 Nov, Rainer Menzner wrote:
> > Tom Kacvinsky wrote:

> >> The PDF file is just fine, font wise.  I am beginning to suspect the problem has
> >> to do with xpdf and how it extracts the fonts for hand-off to t1lib.
> >>
> >> I only got the error messages for font IDs 3 and 4, but not for font ID 10.
> >> This was with xpdf 0.90 (I haven't yet upgraded to 0.91, but that upgrade was
> >> for security fixes, not font handling "bugs").
> >>
> >> I'll contact Derek about this...
> >

> > If the relevant subsetted fonts could be extracted into isolated Type
> > 1 files I could try to help finding the problem (Tom? Derek?)
>
> I tried viewing the PDF file (which Tom sent me) on my system, and it
> worked fine.  After emailing back and forth, it looks like Tom is using
> an older version of t1lib (0.9.1), so I'm guessing that's the problem,
> but I'm still waiting to hear back from him.

Ah yes, I started the compile, but had to leave for a going away party for one of
my co-workers...

When I got back to it, I had all sorts of compile errors because of freetype2
includes with freetype 1.3.1 libs.  After sorting that out, things are fine.
t1lib 1.0.1 resolves the problems...

> I seem to recall some of the t1lib bug fixes dealt with problems like
> this (?)
>
> In any case, I'd be happy to extract the fonts from the PDF file if
> upgrading to a newer t1lib doesn't fix the problem.

No need to do this; t1lib resolves the problems.

Thank you all!

Tom