Re:  these "missing" fonts...

To make matters worse, on one of my machines (my desktop), I have
xpdf 0.90, which you know displays the fonts properly.  I have xpdf
0.91 on my laptop, which gives me the problems.  Of course, I do
99% of my work on the laptop.

Now, a v0.90 downgrade gives me the full font functionality, but
I don't get the nice anti-aliasing that 0.91 gives me.  Perhaps this
is related to the problem?

At least I can see what I am doing with 0.90.

Thanks again for the help, this has been really frustrating for me!

Cheers,

Mike
--
C. Michael McCallum         |  Elegant does not mean correct;
Associate Professor         |    it may simply mean that the