> I'm thinking seriously about handling this matter and others related to it
> within PMX, without requiring any new TeX coding.

This would be wonderful. I needed this very much in in the last piece of Herzogenberg
(small
musicsize and many systems on 1 page}. Thanks to the help of members of the list, i
could flatten
the 1st part, but only after the layout was made.
With the method Don proposed, it would go indeed magically.
I have read all the items, i understand them (i think) and i see no need to change
anything.

'without requiring any new TeX coding': you mean musixps.tex (Stanislav Kneifl)
included?

Thanks very much
Andre