> Christian Mondrup wrote

> ...The ritornel 'Søde Narcisse' published today
> illustrates that, for example in bar 4 where I have vertically offset the
> RH staccato dots to positions above and below the beams. The PMX syntax
> allows fractionwise vertical offset, but typesetting result demonstrates
> that fraction values are rounded to integers before being applied. That
> prevents me from achieving equal distances between dots and beam.

Your right that fractions are dropped. You can do a little better with the
vertical positioning, using this very special work-around:

==========================
1 1 2 4 2 4 0 -1
1 1 20 0

.\
w2.5i
% Paragraph 8 line 63 bar 4
f84 ou+2 g8 ou+3 a8  ou+4 f8a | //
a84 o.-9  b8 o.-9 c8 o.-9 ef8a o. zc | /
==========================

The problem with the method you used---which was the obvious method---is
that MusiXTeX moves some of the dots because it thinks there are ledger
lines to be avoided. The reason is quite convoluted, and the work-around
took a lot of trial and error. But it's still less work and safer than
adding code to recognize and correct for the situation.

> Furthermore pmxab accepts additional staccato dot horizontal offset
> arguments (eg. 'o.+2+.5'). But since I may enter arbitrary horizontal
> offset values without seing any visual effect I suppose they're simply
> ignored. That prevents me from aligning staccato dots with stems
> as I would
> like to do:-(

As of now PMX can't shift ornaments horizontally except oc and ob. The fact
pmxa accepted a second signed number is an oversight. I'll think about
adding the option.

--Don