Sorry, I have to tell my OS: WinNT, ServicePack 6. To extend the file with a blank
line is a brilliant idee, to avoid special processing at the end of the file. I will
this technique use in the future in my own program. I can give you my pmx code, to
verify this behaviour.

--
Regards Karsten

    3    -2  1    2   4   4   4   4  0  0
    2    10   16  .1
PEDAL
MANUAL
bbt
./
It84
Ab
%%% 1. Takt
r8 c- r c d4 d     /
e4 d c b           /
c4+ b c8 b1 a g8 e /
%%% 2.-3. Takt
g4 c g2-                  | c4 c g4d c8                   /
c2 b                      | c2 b4d e8                     /
e1 g f g e g f g b8- a a4 | e1+ g f g e1 g f g b8- a a g+ /
%%% 4.-5. Takt
c4d f8 c4 g         | c g c4d d8         /
e8 d1 c b8 a g a b4 | c4 b c8 b1 a g8 fs /
c8 b1 a g8 f e4 d   | r8 e r d c4 r      /
%%% 6.-7. Takt
g2- d                     | g4 g d2+                   /
g1 b a b g b a b f8s d d4 | g1 b a b g b a b f8s d d4  /
rp                        | g1+ b a b g b a b f8s d d4 /
%%% 8.-9. Takt
g4- r c r                         | b r c r                          /
b4 d1 g fs g c4 e1- a g a         | d4 f1s- b a b e4 g1- c a c       /
d1 g ds g d g d g e a g a e a g a | fs b a b f b a b g c b c g c b c /
%%% 10.-11. Takt
c2 d                       | r4 c g4d c8                  /
c4 c b2                    | c b4d e8                     /
e1- g f g e g f g d8 g- g4 | e1+ g f g e g f g d8 g- g g+ /
%%% 12.-14. Takt
c4d f8 c4 g         | c c g2             | a4 f c2+                /
e8 d1 c b8 a g a b4 | e g- b2            | c4 b a8 g f4            /
c8 b1 a g8 f e4 d   | c4+ e g4- g1 e f g | a1 g f e d8 g e d1 e c4 /
%%% 15.-17. Takt
c2 d                     | g8- b d b g2        | c4 c e e     /
Ct e8+ c d e f2s         | (t g2 g8 )t d1 b f4 | d4+ d8 .d c2 /
c1+ b c d e d c b a4d a8 | g1 f g a d c b a g2 | c4 c8 .c g2  /
%%% 18.-20. Takt
%%% PMX, Version 2.4, 29 June 2002, OS WINNT, SP 6
%%% Makes just 17 bars, after inserting a newline at the end of file making 22 bars
g4 g g g | c g c2 | c4 e g c /
rp | rp | rp /
rp | rp | rp /         %%% End of file is here, no empty lines are following