How to prevent page numbers to appear in the score? The command
/nopagenumbers doesn't work at all.
I've tried to switch off the numbers and remove pageno from theese
definitions (I've put them to the score of course). Without success.

From what you're telling us I'm pretty sure that you've put the \nopagenumbers to the wrong place in your input file.

Did you put the within something TeX considers as a group? In that case the changings would be applied only locally. After the end of the group (\begin{...} \end{...} or just {...} or \startpiece...\endpiece or whatever) the changes are discarded and the global version is restored.

I just checked a MusiXTeX file generated by PMX where I didn't ask for page numbers (that's PMX's default, you have to ask explicitely for page numbers). Close to the top of the file I see

\input musixtex
\input pmx
\smallmusicsize%
\nopagenumbers

The \input pmx shouldn't hurt, anyway, \nopagenumbers isn't touched in pmx.tex, nor any command which controls page numbering--unless Don used some fancy tricks I missed when quickly scanning through the file.

Thus it looks like switching of page numbering should be straight forward :-(...

good luck
Bernhard