Sonja--

If you are using PMX, then at all costs, you should avoid doing anything
that requires you to edit the TeX file directly. The reason is that every
time you want to change or edit ANYTHING in the PMX, you'll then have to
re-edit the TeX file. That's why I went to the trouble of enabling four
different ways of entering inline TeX into a PMX file. Please try to figure
out a way to do what you want from within the PMX file.

==Don Simons