On Tue, 4 Apr 2006, Don Simons wrote:

> Sonja--
>
> If you are using PMX, then at all costs, you should avoid doing anything
> that requires you to edit the TeX file directly. The reason is that every
> time you want to change or edit ANYTHING in the PMX, you'll then have to
> re-edit the TeX file. That's why I went to the trouble of enabling four
> different ways of entering inline TeX into a PMX file. Please try to figure
> out a way to do what you want from within the PMX file.

Sometimes it is not possible. I admit that I have used post-editing TeX files
quite often. While I agree that it is important not to use it while creating
the raw music, I rename the pmx file after it has done its duty to avoid
an accidental overwriting of the TeX-file and edit then the tex file.
Goudimel's psalter in WIMA has been typeset in this way.

Christof