kmberry wrote:
Christian Mondrup wrote:
kmberry wrote:
Christian Mondrup wrote:

kmberry wrote:

I found a few examles in the archive, but they all compiled and rendered without the tablature that was in the example *.ps file. I needed MyMacros and tablmacros2 to compile all examples ,but I don't know where to find them. I have tablmacros and mymacros from one of the archive scores.

Anybody know where I can get a score source that uses lute_tab fonts and renders tablature?

The macros you're requesting are all contained in the zip archive http://icking-music-archive.org/scores/vecchi/SelvaDiRecreazione/common.zip linked to as 'Common TeX source files' in WIMA's Orazio Vecchi web index.

I got the common macros and I needed psfig.sty and found it. Now all the lute tablature has square blobs of ink instead of the number that is supposed to be there. I changed tabdefs.tex so it wouldn't stop processing(fuitar had an ifx w/out else and fi). How can I get the string numbers instead of square blobs? Could it be tabdefs.tex or something else like my installation of lute fonts or psfig related?

I don't know. But my guess is that you're missing some font(s). Hopefully other TeX-Music subscribers can help?
OK, I forgot to read tabxampl.dvi where it says ugly boxes appear around the fret numbers until you convert to postscript. In my case the notes disappeared after that since only dvipdfm works on my tetex installation. When I tried to do dvipdfm on gioitel.dvi it complained that it couldn't find font lute8-tex for 600 tk conversion(...ie, this command appeared in the dvipdfm command output error message " mktexpk --mfmode / --bdpi 600 --mag 1+0/600 --dpi 600 lute8-tex
mktexpk: Running gsftopk lute8-tex 600
gsftopk(k) version 1.19.2
Cannot find font file lute8-tex.pfb
grep: lute8-tex.log: No such file or directory
mktexpk: `gsftopk lute8-tex 600' failed to make lute8-tex.600pk.
"). I had the map installed and after running updmap and updmap-sys --enable Map=lute.map with --listavailablemaps to check and texhash a few times I finally went into my home directory texmf and ran gsftopk lute8-tex 600 in the pfb directory where the lute8-tex.pdf file was which did the conversion and put the pk font into my pk/lexmarks directory( I have a usb lexmark z-53).

Now I have another question. When I typeset mostrl the tablature is upside down or the fret numbers are upside down. I see 2 lines in tabdefs.tex:
\let\tabreverse\tabone
\def\reversestrings{\let\tabreverse\tabone}

How can I reverse the fret numbers to the correct positions? _______________________________________________
TeX-music mailing list
TeX-music@icking-music-archive.org