Hi! (11:12 in France)

So many questions to reply ^^

Le 4 août 09 à 09:21, David Allsopp a écrit :

If you just want syntax highlighting and a certain level of syntax checking, why not use an editor which allows you to tailor the syntax highlighting (e.g. Vim, Emacs, ...). You'll never want to see a regular expression again by the end of writing a Vim or Emacs syntax module but it's not as hairy as it sounds (and there are literally hundreds of syntax files already written
to use as starting points).

I think I like regular expressions, and I was thinking of this some months ago. But I prefer not to use Emacs because (on Mac anyway) it's not easy to wander in the code.

That idea of IDE came when I was putting a tie on a 4-note chord, so I had to write “{A {B {C {D }A }B }C }D” and I was thinking: “Hey, I should code a button to do this.”

I'm thinking to another feature. When I have this code:
[code]
c4 c+ e c /
c4 c g+ g /

f4 c e c /
a4 a g g /
[/code]
And when I get an error “Cannot put a slur on a rest” (or something like that) because I forgot some + and - in the code, I have to find for example the bar 34 in all my code (yeah, I don't put any comment), so I must calculate 3 * 34 + k to know the line.
It would be great for an IDE to know at each line in what bar you are ;)

To PMX users: Don't you think PMX (with some experience) is quicker to use than an editor like Finale or Sibelius because you don't have to put notes on the staff?

For Canorus, I saw it was available for Mac OS X. I'll give it a try.

--
Jill-Jênn
http://mickay.jill.free.fr/score/