Xavier Moch <xa...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> I formatted my computer before I installed PMX again (with GhostScript and
> Ghostview and so on). PMX works fine, but MusiXTeX doesn't. Explanation :
> 1/ pmxab myfile gives a correct result. I can "etex" this file on another
> computer (with MusiXTeX 1.15 too).
> 2/ "etex myfile" does not work on my computer. I get following lines :
>
> [...]
> D:\Documents\TeX\Temp>etex Pirates
> This is pdfTeX, Version 3.1415926-2.3-1.40.12 (MiKTeX 2.9)
> entering extended mode
> (D:\Documents\TeX\Temp\Pirates.tex
> (C:\Users\Xaxou\AppData\Roaming\MiKTeX\2.9\tex\generic\musixtex\musixtex.tex
> MusiXTeX(c) 1.15 <3 April 2011>
> Running miktex-makemf.exe...
> miktex-makemf: The musix source file could not be found.
> Running hbf2gf.exe...
>
> hbf2gf (CJK ver. 4.8.0)
>
> Couldn't find `musix.cfg'
> miktex-maketfm: No creation rule for font musix11.
> ! Font \musiceleven=musix11 not loadable: Metric (TFM) file not found.
> <to be read again>
>    \font
> l.735 \font
>             \musicthirteen=musix13
> ?
> -------------------------------
>
> I don't know which packages I have forgotten. Has anyone an idea ?
>
> Moreover, I checked on the other computer : there is no "musix.cfg" file
> on the hard drive. I get the same lines until "MusiXTeX(c) 1.15 <3 April
> 2011>", but nothing like "Running miktex-makemf.exe..." (I've got
> "maxinstruments=6" - and so on - instead)
> I had a look on the line "musix13" too : it is part of musixtex.tex
>
> What was wrong when I installed the files again ?

pass.  i see that you're using miktex, and miktex's packages for
musixtex and its fonts seem ok -- i.e., derived from bob's current stuff
on ctan.  if it's really not able to use the fonts from its own
packages, that would signal a serious bug with miktex.

otoh, if you've downloaded your musixtex stuff from wima rather than use
the miktex packages, i'm afraid i'm not the person to answer your
question; i've never used non-miktex stuff with miktex.  (i reserve that
sort of behaviour for unices, where i understand the system rather
better.)

robin