I've just uploaded a new PMX beta to

http://icking-music-archive.org/software/pmx/pmx2617.zip

It only fixes several rather obscure bugs.

One of the fixes does have slight potential for unintended consequences, so
I'd appreciate people using the new version to see if any such problems come
up.

Another one was not an error in PMX but in the gfortran compiler when the -O
option is used. After I identified what code was failing, I changed the
coding to something that did the same job in a way that wasn't subverted by
gfortran's optimization procedures. I also reported the compiler bug to the
gfortran developers and it's been confirmed and assigned but evidently
there's no fix yet. This was flagged by Simon Dreher, who also helped me
find various gfortran versions and provided other help during the forensics,
so thanks are due to Simon.

--Don Simons