Good catch, Luigi! Now that you mention this, the same issue applies to MIDI
velocities, balances, and transpositions. My excuse is that as I worked out
the transposition issues, I wanted to do it consistently by instruments
rather than staves. Other than going back to the old way (which I don't
really want to do), all I can think of is to put more information in the
PMX-generated error message, and add some warnings to the documentation. Any
other suggestions?

--Don

Cataldi
>Sent: Sunday, March 24, 2013 2:39 AM
>To: tex-music@tug.org
>Subject: Re: [Tex-music] New PMX beta 2.622: All sorts of transposition,
with MIDI
>too
>
>On Mon, 18 Mar 2013 23:02:27 -0700
>Don Simons <dsim...@roadrunner.com> wrote:
>
>> I've just uploaded a new PMX beta to
>>
>> http://icking-music-archive.org/software/pmx/pmx2622.zip
>>
>> I would VERY much appreciate people experimenting with the kinds of
>> situations explained in the tutorial, and any other
transposition/key-change
>> situations you can think of, and report back on the mailing list with bug
>> reports, questions, errors in the tutorial, or suggestions.
>>

>My replay comes late, sorry.
>
>I'm very glad for the new version!
>But I see that when there is an instrument written on two staves, like
piano, in the
>previous versions of PMX you need to insert two midi instruments, e.g.
"It92ipipi",
>whilst in pmx2622 you have to insert just one midi instrument ("It92ipi").
This