Bob Tennent <r...@cs.queensu.ca> wrote:

>  >|Usually I use Linux, but I installed LiveTeX just for interest
>  >|on Windows 7. After making the same modification as you and
>  >|using barsant.pmx as testfile pmx2pdf works fine. Then I created
>  >|barsant.dvi by pmxab barsant, etex barsant, musixflx barsant, etex
>  >|barsant. Starting dviout I got "did not find psslurs.pro" although
>  >|psslurs.pro exist in ...\texmf-dist\dvips\musixtex\. According with
>  >|my linux-installation I inserted ...\texmf-dist\dvips\pstricks\ and
>  >|copied psslurs.pro into, but dviout gives the same error message.
>  >|I think that this is a problem of dviout itself because dvips for
>  >|example finds the correct place of psslurs.pro and works as it
>  >|should.
>
> Hermann:  You should *not* be making changes to TeXLive's texmf-dist.
> Create a personal texmf tree and add missing files there.

agreed (though i've not been following this thread in detail.

> dviout isn't in TeXLive. You'd have to look at the documentation and
> find out how to configure it to search for files like psslurs.pro.

it certainly _looks_ as if it _is_ in tex live:

  2012/05/15 |    2235244 | systems/texlive/tlnet/archive/dviout.win32.tar.xz

indeed, i thought we got it on ctan because it was going to be the
"standard" dvi processor under widnoze.

however, i've not used tl under widnoze (i have a miktex install on one
of my machines, but i don't use it much).

robin
the ctan bitminer