On 09/16/2013 05:24 PM, Bob Tennent wrote:
  >|BTW, any idea why pmx/MusiXTeX on my Ubuntu 12.08 generates weird pdfs,
  >|with all notes clustered towards the left of the staff? This is not only
  >|for BWV1052, but also for sample .pmx files as published on the Icking
  >|site.

Sounds like you're not running musixflx and re-running musixtex.  Do
you have a pmx2pdf script on your system?

Ah, I see. I had failed to notice the musixflx thingy in the documentation; I see that it is mentioned in footnote 4 in Noack's tutorial. Wouldn't this be a FAQ?

Ubuntu solution: Ubuntu doesn't bundle pmx2pdf (the Lua thingy, I guess). It does bundle a script /usr/bin/pmx that does the tric.

Rutger