My crawlway nightmare was near the entrance of an Arizona cave. There were two rocky crawlway routes leading into the cave (upper or lower) and both were said to be tight. I chose the lower one on the way in and got so stuck I couldn't even back out of it. Other cavers pulled me from in front and pushed me from behind and I finally popped through. I vowed never to go back through it. As I decided to later exit the cave through the upper crawl, the situation was repeated. Pushing and pulling me finally got me through. Although it was a beautiful cave, I vowed never to visit it again.

Lee Skinner