Jim,

Thanks for the old photos of Purificación! I'm amazed you were able to drive that (presumably 2WD) van up those roads. Maybe they were better then... Most everything looks about the same today, although I noticed in your photo 44 that the bridge over Arroyo Rillitos where it joins Arroyo Luna has wooden decking and supports. That has been a concrete bridge ever since I can remember. The stone abutments look new in your photo - maybe that bridge had just been built but not yet paved. I can't imagine that wooden scaffolding would survive the rainy season!

Mark Minton

Please reply to mmin...@caver.net
Permanent email address is mmin...@illinoisalumni.org