1st, I agree with Nico. Period.
2nd, The whole thing is caused by a demand for illegal drugs in the US.
Without that demand there would be no drug smuggling of any sort.
3rd, the solution is to simply make those drugs legal and put the smugglers
out of business.
4th, instead of executing all illegal drug users we should execute all drug
abusers--of legal or illegal drugs. That would include a whole lot of
geezers who are doing their own personal drug abuse programs and enriching
the big international legal drug cartels. As a lot of those geezers (not all
by any means) are overly conservative and intent on telling other people how
to live righteously we would be better off having them off the voting roles,
as well. Those drug users who are not drug abusers, of course, would be free
to be free. Free to grow their own drugs; free to use their own drugs; free
to do whatever they want so long as they are not abusing their fellow
Americans--be they from North Americans or South Americans.
--Ediger