Thanks George, I'll do that

Sent via C=64 Mobile

On Jun 2, 2010, at 4:11 AM, gv...@warpdriveonline.com wrote:

Charles,

I've been needing to fix the settings on my Blackberry so it will allow me to post messages directly to the list, but in the meantime you are welcome to post this reply. Cascade Caverns is simply a cold trap. The size and shape of the entrance allows it to capture and retain the winter's cold far better than most caves. I don't know if there has been any research that quantifies the effect of size and shape, but I plan to find out soon. I'm in Austria for the 4th International Ice in Caves Conference where I expect cold traps to be a hot topic. If you feel inclined, search for the conference website and post it to the list. The abstracts of the talks have just been posted and people on TexasCavers may find them interesting. The abstracts will soon, if not already be available on the Karst Information Portal too, www.karstportal.org.

George
Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

From: Charles Goldsmith <wo...@justfamily.org>
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2010 15:30:02 -0500
To: Carl Kunath<carl.kun...@suddenlink.net>
Cc: <texascavers@texascavers.com>
Subject: Re: [Texascavers] Cascade Caverns Lighting and Restoration

Carl, I don't think so, Scott told me this weekend that some studies were done of it, trying to figure out why it is cooler.

I only broke a sweat in there once, the temp was perfect for working in there.

The mud is another story :)

Charles

On Tue, Jun 1, 2010 at 3:22 PM, Carl Kunath <carl.kun...@suddenlink.net > wrote: Cascade is 58°F? Really? That's 10°F less than other nearby caves. Atypical, indeed.

Typo?