Some of you maybe wanting to buy a computer now that Windows 7 is out,
or maybe for a holiday gift.

But before you rush out, I would like to share this with you:

There is a new motherboard on the market with 32 nm CPU socket.   It also
has
USB 3.0 ( which is eventually going to be faster than USB 2.0 ), and it also
has faster SATA speeds, and the latest version of PCI-express slot.

Note that the graphics are on the motherboard now, because the CPU will have
graphics on it.  ( The CPU isn't on the market yet )

http://www.legitreviews.com/images/reviews/1137/asus_P7H57DV-EVO.jpg

These new motherboards will allow you to easily watch Blu-ray movies.
Also, note
that the motherboard is small so you can have a smaller computer sitting on
your
desk.

This is a sign of things to come in 2010, and eventually these computers
will
be cheap like the cheap ones now.    Presuming netbooks, laptops, or
all-in-one
computers don't kill the desktop industry.    I don't think they will,
because it should
always be cheaper to build a desktop than a laptop.

I wouldn't buy a desktop computer, because in my opinion they are not hard
to build
and you can save money building your own.     But if you don't have spare
time, but you
do have spare money then there are lots of good deals out there on Windows 7
PC's.

In the laptop news, there are now laptops with Intel's newest i7 cpu.
 These laptops
are expensive, and heavy.    I think Sony's weighs 15 pounds and cost $
2,000 at
Fry's, and it doesn't even have an internal DVD or a big screen.

Another feature to look for when shopping is whether the device has a
Express Card
Slot.    This is a 1 inch wide slot on the side of the computer similar to
the old PCMIA
slots.   This slot allows you to connect an assortment of devices,
especially the largest of the Solid State Memory Sticks, which is like
having a back-up hard-drive.   Most of the
Sony's have this slot.

Another feature that is new, is instant web access, without booting into
Windows.   I don't
understand that, but it sounds like a great idea.    Does it work with
Mozilla and Chrome ?

Another new feature are touchscreens.    This is still too new to say
anything about, but it
appears to have potential.

And now there are more all-in-one-computers to choose from.    These are
more expensive,
but take up little desk space and have attractive designs.   But they all
seem to lack something.   Sony seems to have the best ones ( unless you get
a Mac ).   I think they
will be obsolete faster than a regular PC, as the monitor can be upgraded
simply.

A few laptops have cell-phone data capability integrated in, but I think you
are restricted
as to what internet service you sign up for.   Meaning, it must be AT&T or
Verizon, etc.

If you buy a desktop PC, it may be the last home computer you ever buy with
an
internal mechanical hard-drive, as some are predicting that you will keep
all your
system files, data, etc, on the internet or on a solid-state disk.    It is
amazing how
cheap the hard-drives are now.   Imagine if you could buy a new 4x4
SUV for $ 10,000, or build it yourself in a kit for $ 5,000.

I am sure I left off something.

I am hanging on to my XP desktop, and just watching the trends for the time
being.

Cheers,

David Locklear