From: David [mailto:dlocklea...@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, December 02, 2009 1:53 PM
To: Cavers Texas
Subject: [Texascavers] 2010 TSA Spring Convention related

Yesterday, I posted a note about a potential
site to hold the 2010 TSA Spring Convention.

I would like to make a motion that this camp be on
the list of tentative sites proposed for a spring convention.

I sent an e-mail to the manager the camp
to see if his e-mail was still good and if he was still in charge.
He immediately replied, and said he would mention
it to the committee that controls this camp.

I bet this place would be inexpensive compared to
other choices that were mentioned.

This place does not have any karst or any of the
scenery of the Texas Hill Country.    However, it
is out in the sticks.

Camp Happy Hollow ( CHH ) is more primitive and smaller, than the
John Knox Ranch Camp that the event has been
held at before.

I think there would be no shortage of places to rig a hammock.

I am guessing Camp Happy Hollow would cost at least $ 600
for the 3 day weekend.

The camp committee may say they are not interested.   If that
happens, then maybe TSA could offer $ 800 or more, as
I imagine they are too cash-strapped for renovation.

Portable facilities could be erected if necessary, like the big tarp
with the Oztotl logo.

I am NOT trying to side step the procedures.   I am only trying to
see what interest is out there for holding the event at CHH.   If
the motion fails, I am not going to lose any sleep or get
my feelings hurt.

David Locklear

medium.  Thank you.